Wow, another anniversary model. Pete Townshend started using the SG model when it became too expensive to smash up the semi acoustics that he was playing. At least the SG could be repaired a little easier.
It comes with:
- Solid Mahogany body with Alpine White nitrocellulose finish
- Slim, fast 60’s style neck profile
- Two Gibson USA P-90 single-coil pickups
- Wraparound bridge with compensated “lightning bar” saddle ridge
- High-quality Mini Grover™ kidney button tuners
- Gibson USA hardshell case with silver block-letter WHO stencil
The P90 pickups are wound with more turns than Fender single coils which makes them a bit meatier but produces more hum, hence the development of the Humbucker. These days it isn’t such a problem.